What we do
Created: Saturday, 13 May 2017 07:39
The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) was established by the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act (NOGICD) of 2010.
- “To be the instrument for the industrialization of Nigeria”.
- “To promote the development and utilization of in-country capacities for the industrialization of Nigeria through the effective implementation of the Nigerian Content Act.”
KEY THRUSTS OF THE NOGICD ACT OF 2010
- Integrate oil producing communities into the oil and gas value chain.
- Foster institutional collaboration.
- Maximize participation of Nigerians in oil and gas activities.
- Link oil and gas sector to other sectors of the economy.
- Maximize utilization of Nigerian resources i.e. goods, services and assets.
- Attract investments to the Nigeria oil and gas sector (service providers, equipment suppliers etc).
FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD INCLUDE:
- To review, assess and approve Nigerian Content plans developed by operators
- To set guidelines and minimum content levels for project related activities across the oil and gas value chain.
- To engage in targeted capacity building interventions that would deepen indigenous capabilities- Human Capital Development, Infrastructure & Facilities, Manufactured Materials & Local Supplier Development.
- To grow and manage the Nigerian Content Development Fund
- To establish, maintain and operate the Joint Qualification System (NOGICJQS) in conjunction with industry stakeholders.
- To monitor Nigerian Content Compliance by operators and service providers. This will be in terms of cumulative spending, employment creation and sources of local goods, services and materials utilized on projects and operations.
- To award Certificate of Authorization for projects that complies with Nigerian Content provisions.
- To conduct studies, research, investigation, workshops and trainings aimed at advancing the development of Nigerian Content.
NCDMB ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE:
- A Chairman who shall be the Minister of Petroleum Resources
- Executive Secretary who shall be the Secretary of the Council
A representative of:
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation,
- Department of Petroleum Resources
- Ministry of Petroleum Resources
- Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria,
- Nigerian Content Consultative Forum,
- Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria,
- National Insurance Commission
DIRECTORATES OF THE BOARD
- The Directorate of Finance and Personnel Management;
- The Directorate of Planning, Research and Statistics;
- The Directorate of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- The Directorate of Legal Services
The Office of the Executive Secretary is embedded with six Divisions:
- Capacity Building
- Projects and Operations
- Public Affairs
- Zonal Coordination & Board’s Projects
- Internal Audit
Other structures under the supervision of the Board include:
- The Nigerian Content Development Fund (NCDF)
- The Nigerian Content Consultative Forum (NCCF)
- NOGIC JQS. This is an electronic platform that provides a credible databank of available capacities in the oil and gas sector, which helps in planning for projects, contracting, employment and other activities in the industry. Its establishment is anchored on Sections 55 & 56 of the Nigerian Content Act. The NOGIC JQS platform is accessed through the URL, https://portal.nogicjqs.com.